Whether you were hurt in a car accident bad enough to need extended medical care or perhaps the victim of a hit and run, we know how to fight for your rights when it comes to car accident cases! Many car accident victims are not at fault and when this happens, you will need an experienced attorney to get you the settlement you are entitled to. Most often, these accidents involve an injured passenger who was in the car with a driver at fault, or one or more people hit by a driver at fault in another vehicle. We will build the best case possible by gathering all the facts, any and all insurance coverage, as well as have thorough inspections done to check for any defects or problems in the manufacturing of the involved vehicles.
We want to make sure that if you are injured, that you receive the necessary medical care and reach full recovery before any settlement is reached or scheduled trial dates. We will make sure qualified engineers do thorough inspections if any question of manufacturer defect or failure has occurred.
In order to help your car accident lawyer get the best results for you, there are some things you can do. You want a lawyer who will build a very strong case and he’ll need your help to do that. Be sure to hang on to any and ALL paperwork relating to your accident! This includes medical bills, insurance claims, any receipts proving loss of income or any other expenses related to your accident. Be sure and keep accurate records of medical visits and any treatments and procedures. This will greatly help your attorney to have a full picture of what is happening with you, as well as how serious your injuries are.
Be prepared to sign a lot of forms. These forms are required in order to release any medical forms. Any doctors or medical facilities are not permitted to release your medical information or other records, even to your lawyer, without your written permission.
Extra Tips to Help You Help Your Car Accident Attorney
- Be sure to answer all phone calls from your attorney. If you receive messages, check them in a timely manner and respond to them.
- Read the fine print! Be sure to carefully read any and all correspondence that comes to you from your Myrtle Beach Lawyer.
- Keep your appointments for all medical visits. Do not cancel unless you absolutely have to, and be on time.
- Think about any credible witnesses in your case. They may need to testify about your injuries or how the accident happened.
- Keep good records of everything!
- Be sure to update your attorney’s office of any change of address or phone number!
- If your employment or marital status changes, inform your attorney.
- Make sure your attorney is kept updated on your medical status and if your injuries progress or grow worse, etc. The key here is to document EVERYTHING.
- Take lots of photos of the accident site, the car, the damage and any injuries. The more evidence you have, the better!
This information is for general use and is not intended to be legal advice. Please call our offices today at 843-903-1212 for a free consultation. We can assist you with your legal needs and guide you in the right course of action.
The Law Office of Dennis J. DiSabato, Jr., LLC
3888 Renee Drive, Suite 201
Myrtle Beach, SC 29579